Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Fête Nationale

Written while watching Les Miserables for the umpteenth time this trip despite being in Spain and needing to pack for my return trip home.


Not being in my home country for July 4th was one of the strangest occurrences that happened during my study abroad experience.  Funny how in America everything stops and we celebrate the occasion with barbecues, fireworks, beach days, etc.  I've actually not been home for July 4th since I started going to camp when I was eight; last summer I was at my internship in Charlotte, North Carolina and drove with my roommate to a festival in a nearby small town where we rode carnival rides, ate from food trucks and watched fireworks to a live band.


Today is Bastille Day, or Fête Nationale, in France.  Even though I am in Spain right now, my roommate and I plan to celebrate the holiday that we once called home in honor of not being home for our own Independence Day.  Who knows...maybe someday I'll get to celebrate both national holidays!  So bonne commémoration de la prise de la Bastille, France.

I secretly just wanted to show you more cool pictures of the Eiffel Tower since I can't be there taking pictures of the fireworks tonight.
Hasta Luego, Au Revoir & Vive La France!

No comments:

Post a Comment