Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2015

All Smiles

Written while thinking about what I want to do on my 21st birthday and blogging despite desperately needing a shower.

It seems like just yesterday I was watching The Lizzie McGuire Movie and doing karaoke to "This Is What Dreams Are Made Of."  Okay, so maybe I did do that a few weeks ago, but now it's the real thing.  But, right now I am sitting at my desk one last time.  Chugging a water bottle because I'm terribly dehydrated, my feet hurt and I am sweaty and smell like I just went on a long summer run.  Nope, I just climbed the Eiffel Tower and have successfully completed every item on my Paris to-do list.  Every. Single. One.  I'm pretty proud of myself, I gotta say.  So while my last post was solemn and somewhat reflective, it's safe to say that I am ending my time in Paris on a relatively high note.  Okay, a really high note.

Everyone keeps asking me what my favorite part of Paris was, and it has taken me a long time to even think of everything that I did.  There was so much-the touristy stuff, academics, f o o d, sightseeing, field trips-that it has been way too hard to choose.  And in true Hannah style I could not just come up with one.  So without further adieu, here is my Paris Top 10 List (in no particular order because they were all just as incredible):

  • Le Marais: including the Victor Hugo House, Picasso Museum, & Le Loir dans la Theiere.
  • Tour Eiffel: all 10 or so times I visited, and the one time I climbed it.
  • Centre Georges Pompidou
  • Musee d'Orsay
  • Crepes & Cider: amazing crepes, both savory and sweet, and even better apple cider.
  • Seine Rive Boat Tour: this is a must if you haven't been to Paris before.
  • Arc de Triomphe: you haven't seen Paris until you've climbed at least 1 monument.
  • Chateau de Versailles: another must if you haven't been to Paris before; just check the weather before you go and try to avoid on Fridays/weekends/holidays.
  • RATP: actually loved taking public transportation everywhere; made me feel like I was part of the city.
  • Jardin du Luxembourg: go to a patisserie, sit on a bench, and enjoy the view of the gardens.
We did so much in Paris that it was hard to pick just a few favorite things!  Who could forget putting a lock on the Love Lock bridge just 2 days before it closed?  Or eating at patisseries day after day and trying the different breads and tarts.? Or just talking to the people at the BIA Center who never failed to make me laugh or smile?  It was all amazing and I cannot wait to continue my journey in Rome.

And, in case you didn't notice my obsession with the Eiffel Tower, here's another my last picture of it.  Only this time it's me.  On the tower.  Yeah baby...when in Paris, right?

Until next time, addio bella da Roma!

No comments:

Post a Comment