Pages

Saturday, June 20, 2015

I'm noticing a trend.

Written while geotagging all of my facebook pictures and listening to the loud ambulance outside on our street.

Ciao!  I'm keeping this one short and simple because I want to share my experience visiting Florence but at the same time am incredibly tired and falling asleep as I write this.  So sorry in advance for any potential spelling errors or grammatical mistakes-I wanted to get my thoughts out before I forgot any of them because a mind full of ideas is better than having a clear, empty one!

 

 

Anyways, let me start this off by saying I notice a trend.  I know it may sound ridiculous (and it totally is, by all means go ahead and judge me), but I was scrolling through my instagram feed while waiting for Facebook photo upload to work tonight and noticed a trend with "likes" on pictures.  In Paris, out of all of my pictures the most "liked" were the ones of 1) me by the love lock bridge and 2) the Eiffel Tower at night.  Solid, right?  In comparison, my 2 most "liked" pictures here in Rome are 1) my first cone of gelato and 2) the Coliseum.  So I've reached the conclusion that food is more beautiful than monuments, or at least it is in the social media world.



Okay, wow, random thoughts...and back to the point.  Today I visited Florence, a (not-so) short-3.5 hour-bus ride from Rome in the heart of the Tuscany region.  It is also the capital of the region, with 380,000 inhabitants in the city itself spilling into a metropolitan area of 1,520,000.  It also happens to be where all my friends who studied abroad in Rome visited at some point and/or another during their semester...and where I had some friends study this year.  AKA I had to visit Florence on my free weekend here in Rome.  And boy am I glad I did.  Instead of narrating my day to you, enjoy the lovely photo selections that I took on my tour today, including pictures of art things and a cool looking cathedral.  Unfortunately they exclude photos of food...except for the B E S T gelato cone I've ever had...outside Rome.  That's ok though, because I saw plenty of other cool things.  And took a lot of selfies.

I DUOMO about you, but I really like this view.
Unfortunately this week brings 2 midterms and 2 papers, so I may be MIA for a little bit here and there.  But, hey, that's what happens when you study abroad.  Anyways, the next few days are jam-packed so I'll be sure to have some good stories here and there.  Until then, it's off to the shower for me before I collapse in bed without setting an alarm...ok maybe I'll set an alarm.

Addio, bella!

No comments:

Post a Comment