Pages

Monday, June 1, 2015

Being a Tourist (and a foodie)

We spent our first free weekend in Paris exploring the area and learning our way around.  There are three girls in my program, and we all stay at the same apartment building, so we decided to stay local this weekend and get to know each other while touring the areas that make Paris-for lack of a better word-Paris.  I could put it all in words, but I'll let the pictures do the talking.  After all, a picture (or more) is worth a thousand words!

The later removed love lock bridge in Paris, France
Lover's Bridge, which actually closed today.  Glad I got my lock on as one of the last, and that we got to see it while it was still there.
Arc de Triomphe at the end of the Champs-Elysses
Arc de Triomphe at the end of the Champs-Élysées
Mini Arc de Triomphe outside Louvre Museum
Mini Arc de Triomphe just outside the Louvre Museum, from which you can see the big one.
Pyramid at the Louvre Museum
Famous Pyramid at the Louvre Museum.

Eiffel Tower in Paris, France
Classmates and me at the Eiffel Tower, or the Tour Eiffel.
Eiffel Tower across the park
Iconic Eiffel Tower picture from across a park.

Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris, France
Notre Dame Cathedral; the longest yet fasted line I have ever waited in.
Laduree Macaron Bakery in Paris, France
Laduree, my favorite spot for Macarons (a delicious French cookie).
We also have done A LOT of eating so far...I am a foodie at heart, so because of that I already love this city.
Chocolate and Toffee Crepe in Paris
Chocolate & Toffee crepe at a local creperie for a group excursion.
Macarons from Laduree Bakery
MACARONS from Laduree (I ate one beforehand...whoops): chocolate, raspberry, strawberry candy, vanilla, and rose.
Chocolate Eclair
Chocolate filled Eclair with lunch on the first day.
Egg & Cheese Crepe in Paris
Egg & Cheese crepe from the same creperie as above.
More pictures and stories to come...after all, this is only the beginning!

No comments:

Post a Comment